Governors plan the school’s future direction, making decisions on the school’s budget and staffing. They make sure the National Curriculum is taught and that the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special educational needs. Governors also make decisions on how the school can encourage pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development.
To find out more about being a School Governor, click on the links below.
- View Middlesbrough Council’s Governor Website
- View the Department For Education Website
- View the National Governors’ Association Website
The Governing body of Lingfield Primary School
- Mrs J Marron-Shepherd – Chair
- Mrs T South-Fitzhugh – Vice Chair
- Mr P Thackstone – Head Teacher
- Mrs S Prince – Teacher Governor
- Mrs C Jones – Staff Governor
- Mr J Madden – Local Authority Governor
- Mr M Maguire – Community Governor
- Mr P Ayre – Parent Governor
- Mrs L Maycock – Parent Governor