School Values and Aims
“Teach a child things that will be worth knowing as an adult; and having known as a child, make a person a better adult.”
At Lingfield we believe in developing the whole child, making sure they are fully equipped to continue their learning journey in future years and make a positive contribution to society. Our values and aims underpin this belief.
- All children are encouraged to achieve to their full potential within a broad and balanced curriculum. We will promote the development of positive attitudes towards learning and encourage independence and self-motivation.
- We aim to build up relationships of trust, support and respect for everyone involved in school life. There is an emphasis on adaptability, co-operation and consideration for others.
- We aim to promote consistency of behaviour through high expectations and shared values, emphasising an understanding of what is right and wrong.
- We will provide opportunities for physical development and will promote an understanding of a healthy lifestyle. We will encourage pupils to achieve their potential in a variety of physical activities and develop positive attitudes towards sport.
- We will enable pupils to celebrate the rich diversity of cultural traditions in our world through developing tolerance and understanding.
- We aim to create an atmosphere in which the children are given the opportunity to reflect on religious beliefs and values. Through the provision of extra curricular activities for older children we aim to promote a positive ethos, to encourage a sense of community and to enhance relationships between children, staff and parents.
- At Lingfield we aim to provide pupils with stimulating and varied surroundings in which they feel comfortable and happy to work.